JEC MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Jackson Electric Cooperative is to provide dependable electric and subsidiary services at competitive prices, to maintain lines of communications between the Board of Directors, management, employees, members and community leaders to actively participate in community affairs.
BAY CITY LOCATION
On March 28th, 1939, Jackson Electric Cooperative was officially organized in LaWard, Texas, and the charter was granted by the State of Texas March 30, 1939. We received our first allotment of $149,000.00 to construct 180 miles of lines to serve 450 members.
On October 2nd, 1939 the first meeting of the Directors was held after the adjournment of the first annual meeting of the members.
On April 13th, 1940, Matagorda Electric Cooperative sold all their property and assets to JEC in order to run a much more effective business
In September 1941, Allen L. Burditt was made the first general manager of Jackson Electric Cooperative, Inc. (1941 – 1964).
Willie Wiredhand, the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s mascot, was adopted.
JEC builds new headquarters office in Edna, Texas.
The Carancahua substation was energized.
JEC Propane, a subsidiary of JEC, began offering propane services to the public.
JEC office in Edna moves into their new headquarters office in Ganado.
JEC began installing smart meters throughout the service territory, serving as a building block for Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
The Cooperative joined the Cooperative Response Center to provide expanded telephone answering service for the membership, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Hurricane Harvey impacted our service territory and damages were an estimated $1,555,594.
Started laying fiber for internet.
In June, JEC begins selling Generators.
JEC has 2457 miles of total line, as of January 2019 (80th Anniversary).